Category: Famous Places
Heer Ranjha’s Grave in Jhang
Astana Alia Hazrat Sultan Bahoo
Astana Alia MANGANISHAREEF
Chenab College Jhang
Shakarganj Mills Limited
Jhang city was built in 1288 by Rai Sial with the advice of Hazrat Shah Jalal Bukhari (his peer). The first ruler of Jhang was Mal Khan in 1462. Sial tribe ruled this city for 360 years and the last ruler of the Sial Tribe was Ahmad Khan from 1812 to 1822 and then Sikh took over. And from the rule of the Sikh, Jhang was taken over by the British.
Jhang is more famous for its men than for its products. The Jhangvi men are hardy peasants, healthy, tall, strong and of wheatish complexion. The dress of the locals comprises a Majhla, a Kurta or Chola, a Chadar and a Turban or Pugri. It is completed by shoes, Chappli or Kherri. The women are fair complexioned, cypress statured and good looking.